6/28/1951 - 4/23/2014
Remembering the life, death and legacy of environmentalist Mark Shand
NEW YORK (AP) — The brother-in-law of the Prince of Wales died Wednesday after falling outside a hotel bar and suffering a head injury, police said.
Mark Shand, the brother of Prince Charles' wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, was in New York for a charity auction at Sotheby's.
Shand, 62, had arrived at the Gramercy Park Hotel's Rose Bar just before 1 a.m. Wednesday accompanied by a relative, police said. He went out to smoke a cigarette around 2:30 a.m. and fell backward as he tried...