"Dixie" Lucille Parker, 88, of Williamsburg, died on November 1, 2012. She was born on May 7, 1924 in Kansas City, Mo., daughter of the late Richard Marion Parker and Marguerite Lucille Fuge Parker. She was preceded in death by her husband of 63 years, James Adams McCaig. Surviving are her son, James Michael McCaig; her daughter, Allison Anne Harcourt; four grandchildren, Rachel L. Toquothy and her husband, Thomas, Robert M. Harcourt III, Sara C. McCaig and William Adams McCaig. Mrs. McCaig attended Washburn University in Topeka, Kan., the University of Texas, and was a member of the Alpha Phi Sorority. She was a devoted Navy wife, a hospital volunteer, an honorary secretary of the Princess Anne Hunt, member of the DAR, active APVA, and a docent for the Lynnhaven House. Mrs. McCaig served two terms as a representative for the Lancaster County Historic Resources Commission, founder of the Tidewater Scottish Festival and was involved in Clan Macleod Society. Mrs. McCaig first volunteered in 1988 with Historic Christ Church and continued this service until 2009. She helped to create the formal docent training program. She was a long time chair of the Costume Committee, a member of the Research Committee and the Parish Profile Project. In May of 2009, Mrs. McCaig received the Louise Belote Dawe Award. Memorial services will be held 1 p.m. Saturday, November 10, at Historic Christ Church, Irvington. Interment will be in the Historic Christ Church Burying Grounds. Memorials may be made to Historic Christ Church Foundation, P. O. Box 24, Irvington, Va. 22480 or Hospice House of Williamsburg, 4445 Powhatan Parkway, Williamsburg, Va. 23188.
This obituary was originally published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.