David C. Huff, born in Salt Lake City, Utah on September 16, 1926 to Mabel (Burroughs) and Joe C. Huff. He had been a resident of Colorado Springs, Colorado since October 1926. Attended schools in Colorado Springs and graduated from Colorado Springs High School in 1944. David served in the United States Navy from 1944 to 1954 during World War II with service in the Pacific Theatre. He married Verna L. Owings on October 25, 1947 and together they had three children. He worked briefly for the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder before starting a 32 year career with Mountain Bell Telephone Company. He was a Mason and a member of El Paso Lodge No. 13, Southern Colorado Consistory #3, and Al Kaly Shrine. He was active with the Al Kaly Shrine Drum Corps, a member of the Colorado Springs Shrine Club, a member of Spirit of "76" unit, and Royal Order of Jesters. He was associated with the National Ski Patrol at Loveland Basin as a volunteer patrolman. He served as a volunteer tour guide at the U.S. Olympic Training Center during its early years. He worked as an usher at the Sky Sox Stadium and in maintenance at Patty Jewett Golf Course. He was a member of the Telephone Pioneers, VFW, American Legion, and International Order of Rocky Mountain Goats. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Colorado Springs since 1943. He was preceded in death by his daughter: Carol Ann Havens; his sister: Virginia Mallett; and his parents: Joe and Mabel Huff. He is survived by his wife: Verna; his daughter: Audrey Jacobsen (Jeff) of Montrose, Colorado; his son: Robert Huff (Loretta) of Golden, Colorado; and six grandchildren: Johnna, Peter, Clint Jacobsen and Hilary, Ian and Adam Huff. Memorial Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at the Shrine of Remembrance "America the Beautiful" Chapel. A reception will follow at the Olympian Plaza Reception and Event Center, 975 South Union Boulevard. In lieu of flowers, please contribute to the
. Online Condolences: ShrineOfRemembrance.com
The Guest Book is expired.
Published in The Gazette on Mar. 28, 2013