Austin Anson Sessions

  • "Faye, I am so very sorry for you and your family…and for..."
    - Judy Rippee
  • "Anson was a wonderful friend. I enjoyed teaching Boating..."
    - Reggie Sellers
  • "Dear Faye and Family, I want to express my condolences on..."
    - Richard Hudson
  • "Andy was a wonderful friend to my mother and father-Pete 'n..."
    - Tony Araquistain

Austin Anson Sessions
Austin Anson "Andy" Sessions, 90, passed away peacefully at his home in Boise on August 26th, 2014. He was born on October 10, 1923 at his grandparent's house in Chesterfield, Idaho. He was the son of Austin and Janet Rindlisbacher Sessions. Anson grew up on a ranch in Toponce, Idaho. He frequently reminded us that he had to ride a horse 5 miles to school, sometimes in the bitter cold eastern Idaho weather. As a teenager he and his family moved to Ogden, Utah where he graduated from Weber High School. He was well known for is hot rod driving antics. In 1943 he married Fern Fowls. Together they had 2 daughters, Judy and Jan. Later they divorced and Anson married Faye Carty in 1960. Together Anson and Faye had two children, Duane and Patty. They were later sealed as a family in the Ogden temple. Anson was an active member of the LDS Church and served diligently in many service opportunities and most recently as a temple worker.
He started his work career at the Union Pacific Railroad when he was still in High School. His first job was as a messenger and later he became a rate clerk, a ticket agent, and sales agent. In 1959 he took a job with the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad and in 1965 was transferred to Boise, Idaho. Anson was always a worker and he worked evenings for many years at Farr's Ice Cream in Ogden, Utah. He loved ice cream. For many years, when he took his family to Ogden to visit, he would stop on the way into town and on the way out of town and would have "Mable" make ice cream cones for his family.
Anson and Faye joined the US Coast Guard Auxiliary and were active members for 21 years, providing boat safety training as well as patrolling sailing events. In 1970 together Anson and Faye decided to build a cabin in Donnelly Idaho. Many years of enjoyment were spent at the cabin, hunting, fishing, water skiing, and good family time. Each year for nearly 20 years on Christmas Eve, Anson would put on his Santa suit and go out and visit children of friends and family.
Anson never realized his influence on people until he was involved in a serious car accident in 1979. Family, friends and business associates poured into his hospital room to wish him well. Several times during his recovery in the hospital, his family had to remove plants, flowers and even a fishing lure tree to make more room. He was always humbled by the outpouring of love shown to him during this trying time in his life.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Austin and Janet; sisters Adah Davies and Mirilla Sessions; brother, Clarence; his grandson, Darin Henrie; granddaughter, Sherie Keller; and stepson, Craig Jackson.
He is survived by his wife, Faye; his son, Duane (Macie) Sessions; daughters, Patty (Ron) Wilkes, Judy (Garey) Henrie, and Jan (Lynn) Albiston; and stepson, Brent (Debbie) Jackson. He is also survived by 26 grandchildren, 44 great grandchildren and 14 great-great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014 at the 4921 N. Mitchell St. LDS Chapel, Boise. A viewing will be held on Saturday prior to the service from 9:00-9:45 a.m. at the church. Family will also greet friends at a viewing on Friday, August 29, 2014 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Relyea Funeral Chapel, 318 N. Latah St., Boise. Interment will be held at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014 at the Chesterfield Cemetery in Chesterfield, Idaho.

Funeral Home
Relyea Funeral Chapel
318 North Latah Street Boise, ID 83706
(208) 344-4441
Funeral Home Details
Published in Idaho Statesman on Aug. 28, 2014
bullet Coast Guard
Powered By