Anne Marie Bleck|
May 22, 1924 - Aug. 27, 2013
Resident of Hillsborough, CA
Anne Marie Bleck passed away on Aug. 27, 2013. She was born to Patrick and Margaret Blewett on May 22, 1924 in Buffalo, NY. The family moved to Fond du Lac, WI where Anne grew up. She attended College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. She then transferred to Marquette University where she received a bachelor's degree in philosophy with a major in English. She taught English in rural high schools in WI and then became an assistant director of personnel for Gimbel's Department store in Milwaukee, WI. In 1951, she married Dr. Eugene E. Bleck. They moved to Durham, NC where Dr. Bleck completed his residency at Duke University. In 1955 they moved to CA where she and her husband lovingly raised their five children: John, Mary, Dan, Patrick and Jayne.
Anne was an avid reader, determined bridge player, an accomplished tennis player and a devoted Catholic. She was active in local and national politics. She loved the French language and later in her life she earned a bachelor's degree in French from the University of Notre Dame du Namur in Belmont, CA. She loved to travel, accompanying her husband to destinations throughout the world.
She is preceded in death by her parents, her older brothers, a sister and her son, Dan. She is survived by her husband Eugene of Hillsborough, CA; her children: John Bleck of Dallas, TX, Mary Kleinhenz (John) of Corvallis, OR, Patrick Bleck (Rhonda) of Seattle, WA and Jayne Deife (Bill) of Odessa, WA; her grandchildren Miles and Connor Deife, Joseph Kleinhenz, Liam and Lincoln Bleck; her sister Jane Blewett, her brother Patrick Blewett and numerous nieces and nephews.
A Memorial Mass will be held at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church in San Mateo on Sept. 3rd at 11 a.m. Her remains will be interred at St. John's Cemetery in San Mateo.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made on her behalf to the Gregorian University Foundation, 106 W. 56th St. New York, NY 10016.
Published in San Jose Mercury News/San Mateo County Times on Aug. 30, 2013