Eugene R. Haddox, 78, of Ormond Beach passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014. He was born on February 8, 1936 in Little Rock, Arkansas, and attended Briscoe High School in Texas and later Texas A&M University. He was raised on a farm in the Texas panhandle with his 4 brothers. He served for over 40 years combined in the United States Air Force and Civil Service and earned a meritorious service medal for his service in Vietnam. Some of his accomplishments and awards include:
The Guest Book is expired.
- 3 time recipient of the John C. Carroll award for excellence in management
- Outstanding service award U.S. Army
- Army Civilian Service Award
- Distinguished Service Award Patton Combined Club
- Commander's Award for Civil Service
- 2nd Armored Division Hell on wheels MWR Award
- Outstanding Manager Copacabana NCO club, Okinawa
- Best in ATC, Moody Air Force Base
He is survived by his wife Cathy Haddox, son Ray Haddox, daughter-in-law Sandi Haddox, daughter Linda Haddox, son-in-law Magdy Attia as well as grandchildren Jacob Attia, Makarius Attia, Shannon Haddox, and Dylan Haddox. He is also survived by his two brothers Jason and John Haddox. He was an engaged and active grandfather and member of Riverbend Community Church in Ormond Beach. A memorial service will be held at Riverbend Community Church at 2:00 p.m. Saturday March 8, 2014. In lieu of flowers, a small donation can be made in Eugene's name to Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia / Flagler, 3800 Woodbriar Trail, Port Orange, FL 32129.
Published in Daytona Beach News-Journal on Mar. 6, 2014