Gerald (Jerry) F. Fulkerson|
Gerald F. Fulkerson, 85, loving father and grandfather, passed away peacefully on August 14, 2014.
Jerry was born April 6, 1929 in Akron, Ohio, where he was a lifelong resident. He served as a Sergeant for the United States Marine Corps from 1950-1951. Jerry married the love of his life Eleanor Paul on November 21, 1953. He retired from the Ford Motor Co. Walton Hills stamping plant after 32 years of service in 1995. Jerry was a member of St. Vincent Parish and the St. Vincent de Paul Society where he served as past President. He also was a member of the Knights of Columbus.
He will be remembered for his devotion to his family and faith. Jerry was an avid supporter of the St. Vincent St. Mary Fighting Irish community, where he was an active member of the Booster Club and the Shamrock Society. He enjoyed working the Green St. ticket booth during every Irish football home game and cheering loudly from the sidelines.
Jerry was preceded in death by his wife, Eleanor, of 58 years; brothers, Donald and Leo Fulkerson; sisters, Ann McGovern and Delores Butcher, and son-in-law, Terry Koly. He is survived by his four children, Jeannie (David Yeager) Jones (nee Fulkerson), Ruth Fulkerson, Donald (Jill) Fulkerson and Mary Koly (nee Fulkerson); grandchildren, Jessica Koly, Jackie Jones, Kyle, Kelly, Ryan and Kevin Fulkerson; brothers, Lou and Robert Fulkerson; sisters, Eleanor (Don) Lancy and Donna (Al) Ballard; sister-in-law, Ruth Louth of Westchester, California; many nieces and nephews; family friends, Bruce Kluender and Marge Peterson.
Calling hours 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Cirello and Carr Fairlawn Chapel (39 S. Miller Rd). Mass of Christian Burial 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent Catholic Church followed by interment at Holy Cross Cemetery, where Firestone VFW Post 3383 will conduct military services.
In lieu of flowers, the Fulkerson's request that donations be made to the Francesca Residence, St. Vincent Elementary School Corrigan Fund or St. Vincent St. Mary High School tuition assistance.
Published in Akron Beacon Journal from Aug. 15 to Aug. 17, 2014