Home
Services
Lakeside Colonial Chapel
830 D Street
Marysville, CA 95901
(530) 749-9277
Resources
More Obituaries for Adell Harvey
Looking for an obituary for a different person with this name?

Adell Harvey


1937 - 2016 Obituary Condolences
Adell Harvey Obituary

Adell (Dollie) Harvey, 79, died June 28, 2016, at Rideout Memorial Hospital in Marysville, CA, following a heart attack.

Dollie was born February 25, 1937, on her family's farm near East Peoria, IL, the 10th of eleven children born to Orval Leroy and Edith Marilla Leuallen Crawford. She graduated, as salutatorian, from East Peoria Community High School in 1955.

She married William Thomas Farley Sr. Sept. 2, 1955, at First Baptist Church in East Peoria. They left their careers at Caterpillar Tractor Co. in 1964 to serve as missionaries in the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania. Following Tom's death in 1967, Dollie returned with her three children to East Peoria, where she handled public relations for the Rural Home Missionary Association based in Morton, IL.

On Oct. 6, 1968, she married Jack Harvey, a widower with four children, in East Peoria. A year later, they made it "yours, mine and ours" when an eighth child was born to the Harvey/Farley Gang. Together, Jack and Dollie ran an electrical sign business, in the Peoria area, ministering with their musical family as the "Happy Sounds" on weekends at nursing homes, rescue missions and churches throughout central Illinois. The family even traveled the country one summer leading Vacation Bible Schools, helping build churches, and performing concerts.

Following the 1976 Teton flood in Idaho, Jack and Dollie sold their business and moved to Teton, Idaho, to work with the Interfaith Disaster Coalition. During their time in Idaho, the couple started Faith Bible Church in Teton, served as the Protestant chaplains at Idaho's juvenile detention center, and pastored the Teton Valley Bible Church in Driggs, Idaho, from 1979-1986. They also pastored churches in Heyburn, Idaho, and Arlee, Montana.

They moved to Turlock, CA, in 1996 when Jack was appointed director of the Missionary Gospel Fellowship. They retired to Magalia, CA, until declining health compelled them to move to Yuba City, CA, in 2007 to be closer to family.

Even in their retirement, Jack and Dollie were actively involved in ministry at the House of Prayer and Cooper Avenue Baptist Church in Yuba City where Dollie played the piano, taught Sunday School, led Bible studies and consulted on missions projects.

In addition to partnering with her husband in his ministry over the years, she wrote for several newspapers, penned "The Country Parson's Wife," a syndicated humor column, and authored 16 books. Her most recent titles are "Tales of the Endless Mountains," an autobiography, and the first two books of the "Escape from Deseret" trilogy – "The Locket" and "The Fugitive Son." She was working on the third book in the trilogy at the time of her death. She was awarded an honorary doctorate of Pastoral Ministry in 2013.

Dollie is survived by her husband of Yuba City; her children, Mari Farley Serebrov (Job) of Sheridan, AR, Lisa Harvey Lewis of Helena, MT, Rhonda Harvey Sams (Darryl) of Wilder, ID, John Harvey (Traci) of Yuba City, Joe Harvey (Gigi) of Irvine, CA, Jeff Farley (Trish) of Yuba City, and Rebekah Harvey (Sue Sermon) of Boise, ID; and a daughter-in-law, Virginia Schlumpf Farley of Teton, ID. She is also survived by 15 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews, and "adopted" grandkids who all called her Grandma Dollie.

She was preceded in death by her parents, her first husband, six brothers, four sisters, a son, William Thomas Farley Jr., and a granddaughter, Jaymi Farley Long.

Donations may be made to Cooper Avenue Baptist Church's Battered Women's Ministry or the House of Prayer Youth Ministries. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date.

Send Condolences to

www.appealdemocrat.com
Published in Appeal Democrat on July 10, 2016
Read More
Planning Guide
Free funeral planning guide compliments of Lakeside Colonial Chapel