Home
Resources
More Obituaries for Philip Linde
Looking for an obituary for a different person with this name?

Philip N. Linde

Obituary Condolences

BENNINGTON -- Philip N. Linde, a longtime resident of Arlington and recently of Fillmore Pond, died Sunday, Aug. 6, 2006.

He was born on Jan. 28, 1912, in Westport, Conn. He attended school at Le Rosey in Rolle, Switzerland, where he was the captain of the Swiss championship hockey team. Returning to this country, Mr. Linde attended the Storm King School in Cornwall-on-Hudson, N.Y., and subsequently the University of Pennsylvania School of Architecture and Columbia University.

In 1934, he married Muriel Oakley of Westport. They moved to Shaftsbury in 1936. During World War II, Mr. Linde enlisted in the United States Army ski troops. After the war, he returned to Vermont as an architect, settling in Arlington. He was elected to membership in the American Institute of Architects and served on the Arlington Board of Selectmen. Mr. Linde remained active in the community for the next several decades. He was elected president of the Vermont Association of Architects in the late 1950s and was a member of the New England Executive Council.

Mr. Linde was appointed by the governor of Vermont to the Vermont State Board of Registration for Architects and served as chairman of the board throughout the late 1950s.

Following his retirement, Mr. Linde was elected member emeritus of the American Institute of Architects and traveled extensively with his wife in Europe and Hawaii.

He is survived by his daughter, Patricia Hauser; his son-in-law, Huc Hauser; two grandchildren, Peter Hauser and Kristan Renish; two great-grandchildren; his sister, Margaret Inglessis, of Connecticut; and several nieces and nephews. At the request of the family, services will be private.

Donations may be made to the Arlington Rescue Squad or Second Chance Animal Center.

To send e-mail condolences, visit www.sheafuneralhomes.com.

Arrangements are under the care of Hanson-Walbridge Funeral Home, 213 West Main St., Bennington.
Published in Bennington Banner on Aug. 8, 2006
Read More