HARRISON - On Feb. 8, 2010, Virginia Helena Kehler, 87, left this world to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She was born on July 30, 1922, to Ralph H. and Laura (Rudloff) Koch in Reading, Pa.
The Guest Book is expired.
Virginia spent her youthful years in Wyomissing, Pa. It was during her high school years that Virginia met the love of her life, William James Kehler. They were married in Hagerstown, Md., on Feb. 14, 1942.
In 1968, Virginia came to Harrison with her husband and sons. Together they purchased and operated the Save More Market in Harrison. In 1971, her beloved husband preceded her in death.
Survivors include sons, William J. (Betty) Kehler of Butte and Arthur W. Kehler of Harrison. Additionally, Virginia leaves behind a granddaughter, Tanya Kay (James) Arrington; and one great-grandson, Nathan Zane Arrington. Two sisters, Mrs. Barbara Nye and Mrs. Fern Nye of Shamokin, Pa., also survive her.
Virginia's life can best be described by the following terms and words: Devoted wife, loving mother, family first, Christian faith, humble, warm smile and old-fashioned lady. Her life epitomized the biblical teaching that one need not be renowned to touch myriad lives. Virginia was a member of the Harrison Community Church and the Hollowtop Senior Center in Pony.
The Kehler family extends our gratitude to the many friends who have helped us through this difficult time. We especially extend our heartfelt thanks to the staff of the Madison Valley Hospice Service and the Madison Valley Medical Center for their extraordinary care for our mother through her last days. Virginia was truly the matriarch of our family. Her unquestioned love and wisdom will be greatly missed.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13, at K&L Mortuary in Harrison. Graveside services will follow at Harrison Cemetery. Pastor Joe Miller will officiate.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
Published in Bozeman Daily Chronicle on Feb. 10, 2010