Charles J. Wilson, 82, previously of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, died August 8, 2013 in Weiss Hospital Hospice in Chicago. He was born in Detroit, Michigan October 9, 1930. He obtained a BA from Albion College and a DDS from Northwestern University
School of Dentistry. He also received an MS from Marquette University with a specialty in Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Wilson served in the United States Army Dental Corps on active duty from 1956-1958 and was discharged from the Army Reserve in 1962 with the rank of Captain. He practiced Pediatric Dentistry in Milwaukee until 1987. He held memberships and offices in many local and national professional dental organizations and was particularly interested in the area of group dental practice. He was president of the Wisconsin Society of Dentistry for Children. In addition, he was on the faculties of Marquette University Schools of Medicine and Dentistry and the Medical College of Wisconsin. In 1990 he moved to Chicago to become Associate Professor of Behavioral Science at Northwestern University School of Dentistry where he remained until the school closed in 2001 and he was awarded emeritus status. Dr. Wilson was active in Milwaukee business and cultural affairs. He served as Secretary of the Board of Directors of the State Financial Bank until 1997. He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Villa Terrace Museum of Decorative Art 1990-1995 and a Docent for the Milwaukee Art Museum from 1989-1995. He created a Charitable Remainder Trust of one million dollars to benefit the Milwaukee Art Museum and to help fund the Barbara Brown Lee endowed chair. In 1992 his interest in the Museum's education program led him to fund computer software for the program. He is survived by his sister Mrs. Katherine Farrar of Warsaw, Indiana. A celebration of his life will be held in October. Donations in his memory may be made to the Milwaukee Art Museum, 700 North Art Museum Drive, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202 and to the Rembrandt Chamber Players, P.O. Box 8111406, Chicago, Illinois 60681.