Rev. Mozelle, Sr., passed away on March 14, 2013, at the age of 105 years. Cincinnati. Beloved spouse of the late Ozzie Mae Miree, he is survived by a large family that includes eight children. Visitation, Friday, March 22, from 6-9pm at Rockdale Baptist, 530 Forest Ave, followed by visitation 9:30am on Saturday, until the time of service 10:30am. www.thompsonhalljordan.com
The Guest Book is expired.
Born: February 22, 1908 in Perryville, Alabama
Married: Ozzie Mae Holman – March 6, 1932
Father of 9 children; 1 of whom is deceased.
Reverend Miree migrated from farming in Alabama to Logan, West Virginia. There he went to work in the coal mines in 1946 with the aim of giving his children educational opportunities that they did not have in the South. Each of his nine children attained college degrees; all attained bachelor's degrees and some continue on to obtain advanced degrees and professional certification.
Employment: Retired from the maintenance departments of Cincinnati Public Schools and Xavier University.
Education: B.S. Degree in Divinity from The Cincinnati Baptist Bible College, May 31, 1977
• Tyre/Faith Walk Baptist Church, Cincinnati, Ohio 35 years
• Assistant Pastor at Rockdale Baptist Church where Rev. Rousseau O'Neal pastored
• Mentored many junior ministers and worked for the Lord well into his late 90s until his health failed him in recent years
Miree/Myree Family Reunion Most Spirited Award: Present for 28 out of 30 Miree/Myree Family Reunions held annually in many cities throughout the United States
2000: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Spirit Award presented by The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati and The Baptist Ministers Conference of Greater Cincinnati
2006: Senior Pastor Award: Cincinnati Baptist Ministers Conference.
2008: Honorary Membership into the Muddy Waters Cowboys following his experience in riding horses at 100 years of age.
Numerous awards from churches for his outstanding service
Organizational Membership: Minister's Alliance of Cincinnati; Minister's Conference of Cincinnati; National Baptist Convention, NAACP; Masonic Lodge
Licensed: November 14, 1971. Ordained: July 25, 1973 at Rockdale Baptist Church
• Preaching the Word. "I'd rather preach than eat."
• Traveling: Traveled extensively in the United States and visited many countries throughout Europe on several occasions
• Gardening: Farmed 3 acres until the age of 90+ providing vegetables to the elderly throughout the Cincinnati area
Published in The Cincinnati Enquirer from Mar. 20 to Mar. 24, 2013