Clarence Boutelle

Boutelle, Clarence
Clarence Miles Boutelle, loving husband of the late Lillian Bourque Boutelle died peacefully on June 12, 2013, at the Tidewell Hospice in Port Charlotte, Florida. Miles was comforted by family and friends in the last weeks of his life. Miles was born on May 15, 1933 in Franklin, New Hampshire. He was adopted by Dr. Louisa Elizabeth Boutelle and was raised in Ohio and Utah before moving to Boys Town upon the death of his mother. Miles served his country in the United States Navy and was honorably discharged in 1955. He had a long successful career as a systems and networks manager for Allied Stores, practicing the skills he learned in the Navy at the dawn of the computer age. He was predeceased by a brother, Forrest Boutelle and a sister, Anne Madison. He was also predeceased by many brother and sister in laws, including his pal, and partner in crime, Raymond Bourque. He is survived by his daughter Dorine Boutelle Philben, her husband Paul and his cherished grandchildren Lily Marie and Paul L. Philben III (PT), all of Trumbull, CT. Other survivors include sister in laws, Beatrice Boutelle of Jackson, NJ, Lois Bourque of Fairfield, CT and Peggy Bourque of South Carolina. Miles is also survived by many nieces and nephews including a special niece, Beverly Biddinger (bev bug), of Stratford, CT. Miles was a devoted football fan, lover of the New York Giants, and cherished his memories of ushering Ohio State football games in his youth. Miles was a long time member of the American Legion and enjoyed golf, horseshoes, boating, fishing and bowling throughout his life. Miles retired to Florida 20 years ago, living in Little Torch Key and then Rotonda West. He formerly lived in Bridgeport CT, Hanson MA, and Meredith, NH. Donations in his memory can be made to the Semper Fi Fund for injured US Marines, 825 College Boulevard, Suite 102 PMB 609, Oceanside, CA 92057. Plans for a celebration of life gathering in Connecticut and burial with his beloved Lillian in Pembroke Massachusetts are incomplete.

Published in Connecticut Post from June 19 to June 20, 2013