COCCIA Anthony J. Coccia, died May 10, 2012 in Hodgenville, KY. Born July 26, 1917 in Phoenixville, PA the fourth of seven children of Emilio and Maria Cutillo Coccia. The family moved to Columbus, Ohio in 1923. He received his First Holy Communion at Holy Family Church in 1927. His mother died very unexpectedly in 1940. He was a World War II
Veteran, voluntarily enlisted in the U.S. Army
, 2nd Infantry division March 1944, served in the European Theatre in Normandy and was awarded the Bronze Star
. A graduate of U.S. Naval Air Station Apprenticeship Program in San Diego, CA. He worked at Air Force Missile Test Center, Patrick Air Force Base
, Cape Canaveral. He was a licensed aircraft mechanic and retired from Eastern Airlines in 1980. Preceded in death by father Emilio Coccia (born Rotella, Italy), mother Maria Cutillo Coccia (born Casolla, Italy), infant siblings Guiseppina, Pietro, unnamed (stillborn) all buried in Phoenixville, PA, brother Joseph Coccia and infant Josephine (stillborn) both buried in Columbus, Ohio, step-mother Maria Bolla DiMarco Coccia, step-brother Giuliano DiMarco, the mother of his children Isabelle Coccia. Survived by daughter, Carolyn Coccia Leonard; son, Trent Coccia; sister, Anne Coccia Faulkner; half-sister, Maria Regina Coccia M.D.; half-brother, Peter Coccia; step-sister, Felicia DiMarco Maxwell Cotsamire; grandchildren, Carlene Leonard Gibson, Trent Antony Coccia, Tracy Coccia Jensen; great-grandchildren, Eli, Abi and Lilli Gibson and Jessica Jensen; nieces and nephews; many cousins in Chester and Montgomery Counties, PA, Ascoli Piceno and Caserta Italy. He was devoted to God, his country and his family and friends. Memorial Funeral Mass will be September 18, 2012 at 1:30 p.m. at Holy Family Church, 584 W. Broad St., Columbus, Ohio. Military Honors by American Legion Post #532 and Tribute by his sister, Maria Regina Coccia, to follow at Veterans Memorial, 300 W. Broad St. Burial was in Elm Vale Cemetery, Waterford, Maine May 18, 2012. Local arrangements entrusted to the SCHOEDINGER HILLTOP CHAPEL.