Mulhausen Hedy Ann Mulhausen, PhD., born in Cleveland, OH on December 5, 1940, passed on March 30, 2013. Hedy attended St. Paul Elementary School, Euclid and Villa Angela High School in Cleveland. She received her BA in Science (Chemistry) from Ursuline College, Cleveland and her MA and PhD in biochemistry from The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. Hedy was employed by Chemical Abstract Services, Columbus, OH where she worked for 10 years in the Editorial Dept. She then transitioned into the Marketing Department of CAS as an Application Specialist for 20 years, presenting workshops around the world covering six out of seven continents. She continued her career as a Patent Specialist for eight years at Allergan, Irvine, CA. She maintained residents both in Dublin, OH and Irvine, CA and enjoyed travelling extensively across the U.S. and around the world for work and pleasure. Hedy was active in the Volksmarch organization, Heart of Ohio, which she founded in Columbus, OH in 1988, and remains an active group today. Volunteering was a big part of her life. She especially enjoyed her many years of work at the Assistance League of Irvine, CA. She also enjoyed ushering at the Segerstrom Center for the Performing Arts in Costa Mesa, CA. Hedy is preceded in death by her parents William and Hedwig Mulhausen. She is survived by her brother, Dr. William P. (Kieran) Mulhausen, Westlake, OH; nephew, Jeff (Kathleen), Vaughn and Liv, Austin, TX,; nephew, Jason, Columbus, OH; niece, Tracie (Kyle) Petersen, Independence, MN. She leaves behind friends including Al, Amira, Ann, Colleen, Marion, Rod, Shelley, Susan, Wendy and many more friends and relatives, too numerous to mention. Mass of Resurrection will be held May 18, 2013 at 10 a.m. at St. Brigid of Kildare Catholic Church, 7179 Avery Rd., Dublin, OH 43016. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to St. John Neumann Scholarship Fund, 5101 Alton Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92604.
The Guest Book is expired.
Published in The Columbus Dispatch on May 12, 2013