C.E. "Buddy" Goff Jr.(1939 - 2014)

LAKE PIOMINGO – C.E. ""Buddy"" Goff Jr. 74, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House. He was born June 27, 1939, to Clarence and Opal Goff in Michie, Tenn., as one of seven children. He was a veteran of the Army National Guard and also served as a reservist.
Known for his ""Goff Heart,"" he spent countless hours helping families that could not afford electrical and plumbing services. He volunteered for Habitat for Humanity for several years helping to wire and plumb many houses in this area. He cared greatly for the suffering of others and worked tirelessly with area services to assist those with drug and alcohol addictions.
He retired from Day-Brite Lighting Co. after 40-plus years of service. He also during this time owned and operated Goff Electric and Plumbing and Goff Back-Hoe for more than 50 years until his retirement in 2004.
He met Bro. Jack Ezell in 1967 and was instrumental in building and planning Tupelo Church of God Church, including the new sanctuary in 2001 and pavilions in 2011.
A celebration of his life will be at 6 p.m. today, Jan. 21, at Tupelo Church of God with Bro. Jack Ezell officiating with a eulogy by Jim Garrison. Family and friends will be afforded the opportunity to speak in his memory. Visitation will follow the services. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors will be in charge of the arrangements.
He was survived by his wife of 38 years, Margaret Allred Goff; four sons, Phillip Goff (Patty), Paul Goff, Tim Vanlandingham and Troy Vanlandingham; two daughters, Lisa Murphree (Alan) and Suzanne Tackett; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Johnny Goff; and one sister, Alene Franks.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.

Funeral Home

Pegues Funeral Home - Tupelo
535 W Jefferson St  Tupelo, MS 38804
(662) 842-4872

Published in Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal on Jan. 21, 2014