James William "Jim" Frisbee

LINCOLN - James William "Jim" Frisbee, 64, an Army veteran and retired National Guard technician, died of lung cancer Saturday at a Great Falls hospital.
A memorial service is 2 p.m. Wednesday at the community center in Lincoln, followed by a reception. O'Connor Funeral Home was in charge of cremation.
He leaves to mourn him his wife of 43 years, Rosellen; his three children and their spouses, Jamii and Doug Beach and Bill and Jill Frisbee, all of Lincoln, and Stephanie and Jeff Soderquist of Plentywood; five grandchildren, Sarah (Jamii), Jonathan and Mellissa (Bill), and Michael and Nicholas (Stephanie); and his remaining eight siblings and their spouses, Jackie Hart, Bud and Delores Frisbee, Ginger and Ells Schuff, Dolly and Lloyd Southard, Roy and Nancy Frisbee, Dude and Jean Frisbee, Pat and Fred Rowley and Eddie and Buddy Williams.
Jim was preceded in death by his parents, Helen and Floyd Frisbee; and his eldest sister, Rosemary Davidson.
Jim Frisbee was born Sept. 26, 1941, at his family's homestead west of Power. He attended Power High School, graduating as valedictorian in 1959, and joined the Army in 1960.
He married Rosellen Decker in 1963. He served in Vietnam in 1965 and 1966, and after his return, he finished his enlistment and was honorably discharged in 1966.
In 1976, Jim moved his family back to Montana. They settled in the Helena Valley, where Jim worked as a full time technician with the National Guard until his retirement in 1994.
While in Helena, Jim enjoyed hunting, boating, spending time in the mountains, and even tried his hand at llama ranching for a short time. This is also where he began to hone his auction-buying skills. He loved to search out treasures and brought home some dandies, much to his family's chagrin. His goal was to eventually open a secondhand store.
After Jim and Rose both retired, they moved to Lincoln in 1997 to enjoy the slower-paced life of country living. Jim, however, had a hard time enjoying his retirement and became a licensed realtor.
Jim's last two years were spent enjoying his recent real estate acquisitions. He acquired a gold mine west of Lincoln and had great plans to spend the summer mining on the land. At the time of his death, he was also working on building a subdivision east of Lincoln. Those two pieces of ground took a great deal of his time and love the last years of his life.
In the beginning of April, Jim was diagnosed with lung cancer and lost his very short battle with the disease on May 13, 2006. His final wish was to be cremated and his ashes to be spread over his goldmine.
Memorials are suggested to the Lincoln school system. Condolences may be sent online to www.greatfallstribune.com/obituaries.

Funeral Home

O'Connor Funeral Home & Crematory
2425 8th Ave North Great Falls, MT 59401
(406) 453-7257

Published in Great Falls Tribune on May 16, 2006