John Sharpe

3 entries
  • "It was a privilege to care for him. Take care Stephanie..."
  • "We always had so much fun with John in our visits over the..."
    - Carobeth Bennett
  • "My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief...."
    - Vickey Dixon
The Guest Book is expired.

John Rich Sharpe
WEST POINT, Utah - John Rich Sharpe, 64, passed away on Thursday, February 4, 2010, at Davis County Hospital, due to complications of an automobile accident. 
He was born to Tennyson and Gwen Rich Sharpe on May 6, 1945, in Montpelier, Idaho. He was the middle of three children. John attended Montpelier schools, and graduated from Montpelier High in 1963. During high school he competed in track. 
John worked for his Uncle Keith Rich at the Ford Motor garage all during high school. After graduating, John went on to college at Idaho State University, graduating in 1967, with a bachelor's degree in business administration. He also was in the Army Reserves after high school.
On December 28, 1967, John married Faye LaJune LaRocco, and to this union two daughters were born, Stephanie and Natalie. 
In 1969, John and Faye moved to Denver, Colorado, where he spent 30 years working for the Ford Motor Company as an executive. He maintained and watched over all the Ford dealerships for nine states.
John loved the outdoors, camping, fishing, and hunting. In his younger years he also enjoyed horseback riding. Through his life he never lost his love of working on cars.
John is survived by his daughters, Stephanie L. Sharpe, and Natalie Sharpe, and two grandsons, Travis J. Harlan, and Jacob C. Hanover. He was preceded in death by his wife, Faye LaJune LaRocco, parents, Tennyson and Gwen Rich Sharpe, brother, Brian Sharpe, and sister, Barbara Zinkevicz.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, February 13, 2010, at noon in the Montpelier LDS Fourth Ward Church on 485 South Seventh Street in Montpelier, Idaho. Friends may call prior to services from 10 to 11:45 a.m. at the church.  Interment will be in the Montpelier Cemetery.
John always made it a point to stay in touch with friends, and family, always letting them know how much he cared.


Published in Idaho State Journal on Feb. 9, 2010