Carol Lin Hartley, 55, of Lenoxville, and formerly of Clarion, and Rochester, Minn., died Sunday, June 29, 2014 at home after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer. Her husband of 27 years is William J. Maitland Jr.
The Guest Book is expired.
Born January 3, 1959 in Sharon, PA, she is the daughter of Dr. Harold V. Hartley, Jr. and Carolyn Callaway Hartley of Dallas.
She graduated from Clarion-Limestone High School in Clarion. She received her bachelor's degree from Allegheny College in Meadville, and completed post graduate courses at the University of Wisconsin's Madison campus. She had been employed as a computer instructor at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and prior to that she had worked as a computer programmer for IBM in Rochester, MN.
After moving to Lenoxville in 2009 she and her family settled into the Hartley family homestead that dates back to 1882. While residing in the area she was an active member of the Lenoxville United Methodist Church and the Susquehanna County Forest Landowners' Association where she served as secretary. She was a member of the PA State Forest Stewardship advisory committee.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is survived by two sons: Benjamin and Keith Maitland both at home; two brothers: Dr.Harold V. Hartley III and wife Donna Parker of Lake of the Woods, VA and Dr. David H. Hartley and wife Julie of Clarion, PA; nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her mother-in-law: Pauline and John Ladensack of Marine City Michigan, aunt: Marion Little of Fleetville, PA and aunt: Gayle and John Ehler of Palm Desert, CA.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 11 a.m. in the Lenoxville United Methodist Church, 4280 State Route 374, Lenoxville, with Rev. William Hagenbuch, pastor of the First Congregational Church, Harford, officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Center for Forests Endowment Fund, Office of University Development, One Old Main, University Park, PA 16802-1500; Lenoxville United Methodist Church; Pancreatic Cancer Research; or a
Published in Susquehanna County Independent from July 9 to July 16, 2014