Anna J. Jensen Princell Runciman
A longtime resident of Fishers, with the last several years being spent at The Hearth at Windemere and her last four months, at the Hamilton Trace Care facility in Fishers, passed away peacefully Sunday morning, April 22, 2012.
Ann was born to Gravers and Hansine Jensen on April 8, 1914, in Indianapolis, and graduated from the old Manual High School in 1932. After the untimely death of her first husband, Morris E. Princell in 1954, she went to work at Roberts Dairy, as an executive secretary, until retiring in 1979. While employed at Roberts Dairy, she was active in the Credit Women's Association. Ann was a member of the Millersville Masonic Lodge Order of the Eastern Star. She and her second husband, John J. Runciman, were members of the King of Glory Lutheran Church in Carmel, IN. For many years the favorite place to spend their vacation time together was the family's Canadian island cabin on Lac La Croix in the BWCA bordering NE Minnesota.
Ann was preceded in death by her step-daughter, Janet Maddox; and then her husband John in 2009, after 43 wonderful years of marriage. She is survived by her sons, William E. Princell (Judy) and John D. Princell (Catherine); daughters, Barbara Ann Stevens and Patricia Louise Daggy; step-son, Doug Runciman (Denise); step-daughter, Dana Stacy; son-in-law, Dennis Maddox; 16 grandchildren; 16 plus great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
The family wishes to thank the employees of the care facilities where she had recently resided and the care nurses from AseraCare Hospice who provided Ann and her family with comfort and understanding during the last weeks of her life here on earth.
A celebration of Ann's life is planned for June 22, 2012, at 11:00 a.m., at the King of Glory Lutheran Church, 2201 E. 106th St., Carmel, IN, 46032. Family and friends are invited to gather at 10:45 a.m. in narthex of the church.
Memorial contributions in Anna's memory may be made to King of Glory Lutheran Church Memorial Fund. Arrangements are entrusted to Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Chapel.