John G. Pecsok
John was welcomed into heaven on June 16th, 2014. He was born June 25, 1930 in Indianapolis to Louis M. and Katharine W. Pecsok, the youngest of three boys, all preceding him in death.
He graduated from Broad Ripple High School in 1948 and later received a Bachelor of Science in Architecture in 1954 from the University of Cincinnati. He was a member of Pi Kappa Alpha, Alpha XI Chapter, and its president for two years, as well as Scarab Architectural Honorary. He married Marilyn Wiegand, who survives, in 1962. He has six nieces and nephews; Dr. Jim, Dr. Tom, Nancy and Stephen Pecsok, Debbie Mellinger and Katharine Cox. Countless young ones called them Uncle Jack and Aunt Mar.
He was a partner in the architectural firm of Pecsok, Jelliffe, Randall and Nice AIA. The firm received national architectural awards for his designs of St. Luke Catholic Church, Our Lady of Grace Chapel Renovation, and Carmel Christian Church. The firm also received awards for the Campbell, Malan, Kyle and Proffitt office building and Hamilton County Courthouse. He was an architectural consultant for Church Extension of the Disciples of Christ (Christian Church) to over 350 Disciple Churches in 28 states and Puerto Rico.
John was a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Air Force from 1955-1957. He was a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects, past national president of the Guild for Religious Architecture, past national president of the Interfaith Forum on Religion, Art and Architecture, a member of the Historic Landmarks Foundation, and Who's Who in America.
One of his biggest interests was automobiles. He was a past director of the Indiana Region of the Classic Car Club of America, past national president of the Milestone Car Society, organized the Indiana Chapter of the Milestone Car Society and organized the Hoosier Region of the Lincoln Continental Owners Club. He had a modest collection of both classic and milestone cars, mostly Lincoln Continentals.
He was an avid bridge player, playing twice weekly at the Castleton Bridge Center. Also, he was very interested in the Indianapolis Propylaeum, serving as a very successful chairman, with Marilyn, of the Capital Fund Campaign.
His easy going way and kind nature brought him countless friends who will miss him. His loving wife, Marilyn, thanks the Lord for such a loving, kind husband, whom she adored.
Calling is Friday, June 27, 2014 at Leppert Mortuary, Nora Chapel from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The memorial service will be on Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. in Tabernacle Presbyterian Church, with a reception celebration to follow at Woodstock Club from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. (Buffet Luncheon).
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions to honor John may be made to the Indianapolis Propylaeum Capital Campaign, Tabernacle Presbyterian Church, or 1st Christian Church of Noblesville.