Mary "Evelyn" Grant

Obituary
1 entry
The Guest Book is expired.

(October 12, 1926 - January 14, 2013)
Mary "Evelyn" Grant died on Jan. 14, 2013 surrounded by her family. Evelyn was born on Oct. 12, 1926 to George and Josie Burch, who were farmers in Hartshorne, Okla. The family moved from Oklahoma to California to find employment in the factories near San Jose, Calif. Evelyn met Clinton "C.A." Grant when he was discharged from the Marines after WWII. They married in 1947 and moved to Los Alamos. Evelyn worked as a telephone operator for Bell Telephone Company and C.A. worked for the Corp of Engineers. Evelyn then became a Data Analyst for the Los Alamos National Laboratory at S-Site where she retired. C.A. and Evelyn purchased a cattle ranch on the Glorieta Mesa in 1950, which is still owned by the family today. They lived in Los Alamos, the Espanola Valley, and on the ranch at different times during their lives. They were some of the first members of the Los Alamos Sheriff's Posse and helped build the Sheriff's Posse shack.
Evelyn is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Arthur and Patricia Grant of Broadview; her daughter and son-in-law Eva and Pat Woods of Broadview; her youngest sister and brother-in-law, Renomia and Chester Ingram of Athens, Ga.; her eight grandchildren: Robert Grant, Joy Grant, Mary Candace Barron, Robin Huggins, Clinton Grant, Loralee Hunt, Charlie Woods and Toby Woods; two foster sons, Bill Hooper and Marty McNamara; 22 great-grandchildren; and ten nieces and nephews.
Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Santa Fe National Veteran's Cemetery.
Arrnagements have been entrusted to Muffley Funeral Home, 575 762-4435, muffleyfuneralhome.com
Published in Los Alamos Monitor from Jan. 17 to Jan. 18, 2013
bullet WWII
Powered By Legacy.com