Robert E. Cox

7 entries
The Guest Book is expired.

Robert E. Cox POST-Funeral services for Robert E. Cox will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the First Christian Church in Post with the Rev. Elizabeth Abraham officiating. He died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013, in San Antonio. Robert was born in Snyder, Texas, on April 28, 1917, to Stella and R.E. Cox. He was the fifth of six children. He moved to Post as an infant and graduated from Post High School in 1935. After high school, Robert attended Texas Tech and worked for Wm Cameron Co. in Lubbock. In 1940, Robert married Wanda Jo Moore of Ralls, Texas, in a ceremony in Lubbock. He was transferred by his company to Corpus Christi, where he and Wanda lived until he entered the service as a part of the Army Air Corps in 1942. He was stationed primarily in Herrington, Kansas. After the war, Robert returned to Post, where he owned and operated R.E. Cox Lumber Company for 38 years before retiring in 1982. He remained in Post until he moved to Boerne in 2006, and subsequently to San Antonio in 2010. In Post, Robert was an elder at the First Christian Church and a 32nd degree Mason. He served as president of the school board, and he was on the city council and on the board of the Garza County Museum. In addition, he was a director of the Lumberman's Association of Texas and was interim director of Old Mill Trade Days. Robert was predeceased by his parents and by all five of his siblings. He is survived by his wife of 72 years, Wanda, and his daughter, Lin Alyn Duncan and his son-in-law, Wendell Duncan of San Antonio. Robert is also survived by his grandsons, Lane Duncan (Lee) of Dallas and Bart Duncan (Andi) of Albuquerque; two great-grandchildren, Emma and Isaac Duncan of Dallas; and numerous nieces and nephews. Burial will be in Terrace Cemetery in Post under the direction of Hudman Funeral Home. While the family appreciates the beauty and sentiment of flowers, those who wish can make a memorial gift to the First Christian Church of Post or to the . Visitation will be from 9 until 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Published in The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal on Jan. 8, 2013