Harold H. Lewis
Harold H. Lewis, 93, of Quakertown passed away on June 27, 2013 in his home. He is survived by his wife of twenty years, Rosa M. (Whitton) Lewis; and was preceded in death by his first wife, Beatrice S. (Strawn) Lewis. Harold was the owner of Lewis Brothers Builders and Contractors from 1958 through 1985. The company was originally started in 1926 by Harolds father, Herbert, and his Uncle Harry. After serving 35 months in the Army Air Force, Headquarters Squadron in Washington, D.C., Harold joined the company in 1947. Lewis Brothers is still in business today and owned and operated by his daughter and son-in-law, Michael and Nancy Cygan. Harold was a lifetime member of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church, a church which he and his father built in 1959. Survivors:
Surviving with his wife; son, Robert Lewis (Francine) Vinton, VA; daughter, Nancy Cygan (Michael), Quakertown; and stepson, Michael Whitton (Linda), Colombia, MD; 10 grandchildren, Brendan Cygan (Molly), Schnecksville, PA, Scott Cygan (Kimi), Shanghai, China, Mark Cygan (Joanna), Huntington Beach, CA, Michelle Lewis (Tracy), Vancouver, Canada, Kevin Lewis (Mary), Buffalo, MN, Melissa Lewis (Tanya), Encino, CA, Kimberly Lewis, Vinton, VA, Meagan Sallade (Brian), Vinton, VA, Michelle Slingluff (Christopher), Severn, MD, Christopher Whitton, Harrogate, England; and 10 great-grandchildren. Services:
Services of memory to be held at Peace Lutheran Church, 100 Old Bethlehem Road, Perkasie, Sunday, June 30, 2 p.m. Family and friends call Saturday, June 29, 6 to 8 p.m. in Jeffrey A. Naugle Funeral & Cremation Service, 135 W. Pumping Station Road, Quakertown and Sunday, June 30, from 1 to 2 p.m. in the church. Interment, Tohickon Union Cemetery. Contributions:
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Lewis Memorial Fund at Peace Lutheran Church, or St. Lukes Hospice, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015.