To publish an obituary - Middletown Press
1. Obituaries must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Deadline is 3:30 p.m. the day prior to publication.
3. Since all obituaries are paid, billing information and a phone number must be provided with each obituary, unless you are a funeral home that already has an account with us. Obits not sent by a funeral home require prepayment. If an estimate is required prior to publication, please call (860) 347-3331, ext. 131 before 3:30 p.m.
4. Any obituary not sent from a funeral home must be accompanied by a death certificate.
5. To confirm that an obituary has been received, the funeral home must call The Middletown Press prior to 3:30 p.m. at (860) 347-3331, ext. 131. It is recommended that you call for each obituary you send - if we did not receive it, there is no way for us to know you sent something to us.
6. If any urgent changes need to be made to an obituary after deadline, the funeral home must call the copydesk prior to 6 p.m. at (860) 489-3121, ext. 5.
7. Photos for an obit will be accepted in .jpg format.
8. The Middletown Press does not edit paid obituaries. It is the sender's responsibility to check spelling of names and provide obituaries with proper grammar and punctuation.
9. If an obituary is run with a mistake due to the funeral home's error, we will re-run the obituary at the same cost as the original obituary. If a mistake is made on the part of The Middletown Press, the obituary will run again at no cost to the funeral home.
10. Weekend policy: To run an obituary in Monday's edition, email it to email@example.com
. You will receive an email confirmation. You may also call the copydesk at (860) 489-3121, ext. 5.To run an obituary in the New Haven Register Middletown Edition for Sundays, please call Jan Simmons in New Haven at (203) 789-5465 and e-mail the obituary to firstname.lastname@example.org