Eleanor G., age 95, of Lincoln Park passed Aug. 31, at home. Born in Paterson, she resided in Haledon, moving to Lincoln Park in 1967. Prior to teaching, she and her late husband Victor owned "Ye Goode Sandwich Shoppe" in Paterson and in the mid-50's opened "Beechwood Lake Club" Montville which they operated until 1972. She was a 1939 grad. of Pratt Institute, Brooklyn earned her BA in Educ. 1962 at Paterson State and BS in Home Economics at Montclair State 1964. She taught at Ringwood and Paterson prior to teaching "Independent Living" at Bergen Co. Vo-Tech retiring 1992. She was named NJ Teacher of The Year 1987, Member of NEA and NJEA, served as Pres. Bergen Co. Vo-Tech. Educ. Assoc. over 20 yrs. Lincoln Pk. Bd. of Education, Bd. of Directors Morris Co. School Boards Assoc. 1986-1993, appointed to Morris Co. Municipal Dispute Resolution Comm. 1980-1993. Active in Lincoln Pk. Womans Club, L. Pk. Historical Assn. & Lincoln Pk. Drug Abuse Committee, Post 279 American Legion Aux (L. Pk.) and Hawthorne Order of Eastern Star. She is survived and will be lovingly remembered by many nieces and nephews. Visitation at Keri Memorial Home 125 Main St., Lincoln Pk. is Tues. 9/3, 2-4 & 7-9 pm service Wed. 10 am followed by interment in Cedar Lawn Cemetery, Paterson.
Published in The Record/Herald News on Sept. 1, 2013