CAROLYN FORD TAYLOR

CAROLYN FORD TAYLOR, 74, passed away on August 27, 2013 following a lengthy illness. She was born in Pampa, Texas to Coyle Ford and Hazel Dell Wallace. A woman of many interests and talents, she operated an art gallery in Knoxville, Tennessee for several years. After her children were grown, she pursued her own talents in the fiber arts, jewelry making, weaving, music, creative writing and designing children's "wearable art" clothing. Earning an advanced degree in early childhood education, she taught pre-school children in several private schools in Atlanta, Georgia. Carolyn also studied with Diane Stein, author of books on women's rituals and healing, and became a Reiki Master, teaching students at home and abroad. Leading trips for groups of church women developed into her own travel company, "Women with Wings." Collaborating with a larger tour company in California, she began leading groups of women on tours to many foreign countries including Spain, France, Thailand and India. Moving to Taos, she retired from the travel business in the spring of 2001. Carolyn is survived by her husband of forty years, Todd J. Taylor; three daughters from an earlier marriage, Jenifer Valingo, Georgia Atkinson and Michele Marcon; two step-sons, Wannie Taylor, Todd Eliot Taylor and a step-daughter, Jenai Taylor; eight grandchildren, three great grand-children; her brother, Gerald J. Ford, and four nieces and two nephews. A celebration of life service will be held on Sunday, September 8, 5:30 PM at El Monte Sagrado. Her family is appreciative of the care given Carolyn by the medical community of Taos over the past 7 years, especially by her primary physician, Dr. Lawrence Schreiber and the staff of Family Practice Associates. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Holy Cross Hospital, The Living Center or to Mountain Home Health Care Hospice. Arrangements by Rivera Family Funerals & Cremations. To share a memory, please visit our website at www.riverafuneralhome.com.
Published in Santa Fe New Mexican on Jan. 1, 1900