Deloris "Dee" C. Severson, 77
The Guest Book is expired.
Feb. 5, 1935 - October 3, 2012
Deloris "Dee" C. Severson, age 77, St. Cloud, MN died Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at Country Manor Health Care Center, Sartell, MN after a courageous battle with brain cancer.
Funeral services will be Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM at Salem Lutheran Church, St. Cloud, MN. Visitation will be Saturday, October 6, 2012 from 4:00 to 8:00 PM at Benson Funeral Home, St. Cloud, MN and one hour prior to the service at the church on Sunday. Burial will be in Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery, Little Falls, MN.
Dee was born February 5, 1935 in Corwith, Iowa to John J. and Anna (Jordanger) Nelson. Dee attended a one-room school from 1940 to 1948 when she started at Kanawha Iowa Schools, where she graduated in 1952. On June 22, 1953 Dee married Stan Severson of Forest City, Iowa. They eventually settled in St. Cloud in 1960. In 1965 Dee and Stan started Handyman's Inc. which continues to be a family owned business.
Dee loved and cherished the time spent with her family, especially her grandchildren. Her other joy was being at "The Store" and interacting with employees and her many customer friends. Dee was heavily involved in her church, Salem Lutheran for 52 years, serving on the church council. Dee's other passion was for the Sons of Norway local lodge with numerous activities. She was also a life-member of the VFW 4847 Women's Auxiliary. She loved antiques and auctions. Dee was a farm girl at heart.
Dee is survived by her husband, Stan of St. Cloud, MN; children, Debra (Dennis) Backus of St. Cloud, MN; Doug (Carol) Severson of Sauk Rapids, MN and 5 grandchildren, Michael Backus, Tracy Backus, Gordon Severson, Patrick Severson and Natalie Severson; and sister, Marjorie Kilber of Northfield, MN.
She was preceded in death by her parents; and brother, Arthur Nelson.
The family wishes to thank the staff at Centra Care, St. Cloud Hospital and Country Manor Care Center for their love and support.
The family requests any memorial contributions be made to the Salem Lutheran Foundation.
Published in the St. Cloud Times on Oct. 5, 2012