Mary Elizabeth Cox Hensley

Mary Elizabeth Cox Hensley, 98, died Nov. 14, 2013.
She was born Sept. 27, 1951, in Lawrenceburg to the late Judge John T. Cox and Leva Ann Hawkins Cox.
After graduating from Lawrenceburg High School, she attended Fuggazi Business College. She was employed by the Anderson County Health Department. During WWII, she worked at the ration board. She worked with her mother at her ladies' retail clothing store, The Mrs. Cox Shop, in downtown Lawrenceburg which opened in 1944. She became co-owner in 1965, with her sister, Mildred Cox Hodson, and sister-in-law, Alice Davis Cox.
Mary was a lifelong Methodist and member of the Lawrenceburg United Methodist Church where she also taught Sunday School. She was a member of the United Methodist Women, the Lawrenceburg Woman's Club, the Lawrenceburg Business and Professional Women's Club and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
She is survived by her daughter, Linda Hensley Fields, and son-in-law, Dr. James P. Fields, Nashville, Tenn.; a grandson, Timothy A. (Jo) Fields, Nashville, Tenn.; a granddaughter, Amy Fields Harness (Victor), Powell, Tenn.; great grandchildren, Kelsey Elizabeth Fields, Jesse Robert Harness, and Stephan Perry Harness; sister, Mildred Cox Hodson, Lawrenceburg; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by parents, her husband of 63 years, Dr. Robert W. Hensley; brother, John T. Cox, Jr., great-grandson, Isaac Walden Harness, half-sister, Bessie Cox Qualls, and half-brother, Wilbur Cox.
She was much loved by her family and by all who knew her.
Visitation was held Nov. 17 and Nov. 18 with a scheduled service to follow Nov. 18 at the Lawrenceburg United Methodist Church. The Ritchie and Peach Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Lawrenceburg United Methodist Church, Hospice of the Bluegrass, or KY United Methodist Homes for Children and Youth.

Funeral Home

Ritchie & Peach Funeral Home - LAWRENCEBURG
701 N MAIN ST PO Box 730  Lawrenceburg, KY 40342
(502) 839-5151
Published in The Anderson News on Nov. 20, 2013