To publish an obituary in The West Hartford News
1. Obituaries must be e-mailed to email@example.com
2. Deadline is noon on Mondays for that week's issue.
3. Since all obituaries are paid, billing information and a phone number must be provided with each obituary, unless you are a funeral home that already has an account with us. If an estimate is required prior to publication, please call (860) 347-3331, ext. 160.
4. Any obituary not sent from a funeral home must be accompanied by a death certificate.
5. To confirm that an obituary has been received, the funeral home must call The West Hartford News prior to noon on Mondays at (860) 347-3331, ext. 160. It is recommended that you call for each obituary you send - if we did not receive it, there is no way for us to know you sent something to us.
6. If any urgent changes need to be made to an obituary, the funeral home must call The Middletown Press prior to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays at (860) 347-3331, ext. 160.
7. Photos for an obit will be accepted in .jpg format at an additional charge. Two different photo sizes are available. Please indicate at the top of the e-mail whether there is an attached photo.
8. The West Hartford News does not edit paid obituaries other than for proper grammar and AP style.
9. If an obituary is run with a mistake due to the funeral home's error, we will re-run the obituary at the same cost as the original obituary. If a mistake is made on the part of The West Hartford News, the obituary will run again at no cost to the funeral home.