Clydie Dene (Clyde) Rule
1939 - 2020
{ "" }
Share Clydie's life story with friends and family
Send an Email
Or Copy this URL to Share
In the early morning hours on September 16, 2020, Clydie Dene Rule (Clyde) quietly departed this world. No fan fare, no bid adieu, Clyde never wanted a fuss which must be why he decided to join his mischievous son Alan in heaven who is probably there creating a raucous now. That way Clyde could guarantee it would be still existing for the rest of us.

Clyde whirled into this world on June 19, 1939 as a little tornado in Hereford, Texas. He was loaded up and hauled to Dolores, CO in 1953 with his two brothers Jack and Larrie and sister Wynona (Higgins) by his parents Buford "Boots" & Cecile Rule when they bought a family farm.

It wasn't long before Clyde decided to try to make it on his own and bought a 55 Ford Fairlane so he could catch the eye of the ladies. He was was renowned for fast cars, dancing and rabble rousing. He even let loose a skunk in a Telluride bar to watch everyone escape while he watched on in amusement. He fancied one Yvonne Marie Hodges and finally convinced her it would be a good idea to hitch herself to him and that was it - he was forever off the market. The two wed on March 24, 1963 in Dolores and were blessed to begin starting their own brood two years later starting with Dene, followed by Keith and then Alan. They weren't done though, they decided to pick up a few more along the way and were happy to add Raelene McCabe and Connie Clark to the mix.

Clyde was a working man. He loved his job. He loved playing in dirt. Clyde started working for Bill Froman, running a backhoe, then shortly moved on to work for Jim Stephens. That is where Nielsons found him and needed to borrow him a couple of weeks. Clyde decided he kind of liked it there and decided to stick around. He traveled for work and moved his family all over the western United States. Those were fun times and they lived in some great places. Matter of fact, everyone thought the song "I've Been Everywhere Man" was written about Clyde. Clyde stayed with Nielsons the rest of his career until he retired from them 43 years later. He worked his way to Project Manager & General Superintendent where he ran large state, federal and industrial projects. He always wanted the jobs he ran to make a profit and was proud he never ran a job that he lost money. His employees all liked him, even the ones that were fired if you can imagine that. This epitomized who Clyde was; he was a dependable and loyal man at both work and home and to be easy going and kind to others. He finally had time to tap his fingers and grow tomatoes.

Many friends and family are saddened by his departure and he will be sorely missed especially by his grandkids: Dean & Chris McCabe, Brooke, Tori (Kline) Shea & Jonah Rule, Randia & Chase Rule, Jess Schwarcz & Erica Bayless; great grandkids: Dakota & Catherine, Parker & Benjamin, Chessa & Prestlyn, Brody, Kennedy Aucker & Kelman Dene Schwarcz, Kylie & Cayden Denhart, and great granddogs Moose & Red.

Graveside Services were held for Clyde and Alan at Summit Ridge Cemetery on Friday, September 25th at 11:00 a.m. followed by a gathering at the Dolores Community Center.

To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
Published in The Journal on Sep. 28, 2020.
Memories & Condolences
Not sure what to say?
0 entries
Invite others to add memories
Share to let others add their own memories and condolences