Brody Pedersen

  • "hello Mr.B HOPE YOU ARE GOOD, Very cold outside,Kaleb fell..."
    - Richard Pedersen
  • "Hello little buddy its a happy new year today.Kaleb talks..."
    - Richard Pedersen
  • "Hello Mr.B miss you little man,your cousin brother Kaleb..."
    - Richard Pedersen
  • "Hey Mr. B you've been with the angels for two years today..."
    - Grandma
  • "Hello mr.B cooled down abit might get alittle rain but we..."
    - Richard Pedersen

Brody David Pedersen, 1, died Aug. 5, 2010, at Providence Alaska Medical Center from complications of schizencephaly. Brody died in his mother's loving arms with his grandparents and aunt by his side. His family said, "Our Mr. B was a very strong and happy baby who went through more in his short life than most people endure in a lifetime, and still always had a smile for his Mama. He will be in our hearts and memories forever.

"The family would like to express its heartfelt thanks to Dr. McManus at Providence Hospital for giving Brody and his mother the gift of sleep, and also all the staff at Providence who participated in his care, and who are too numerous to name.

"We also wish to thank his Alaska Native Medical Center doctor, Pamela Schamber; her case manager, Pam Finch; and his home nurse, Lisa Edwards. A special thank-you to the Rev. Susan Halvor for being there for Brody and his family from when he was in the neo-natal intensive care unit, his baptism and his final resting place."

Brody is survived by his mother, Jacinda Pedersen; grandparents, Richard and Laurel Pedersen; aunt and godmother, Aneccia Pedersen (Brandon); his cousin who was like brother to him, Kaleb Fairbanks; great-grandmother, Mildred Pedersen; great-aunt, Marlene Grunert; uncles, Alvin, Stanley, Terry (Carol), Clyde Pedersen; cousins, uncle Terry's children, Silvia, Tricia and Katie Pedersen; uncle Alvin's children, Brent, Corrina, Hannah, Erin Pedersen, and uncle Alvin's grandchildren, Terran Jones and Emma Smith.

Brody was preceded in death by his great-grandmother, Viola Grunert.

Published in Anchorage Daily News from Sept. 6 to Sept. 7, 2010