Albert "Buddy" Steel

The Guest Book is expired.

Albert Alan "Buddy" was born on March 14, 1931 in Eddyville, Iowa in a small red brick house across the street from Dr. Traster's home, who delivered him.

He went to be with his Lord and Savior on May 30th, 2016 at the age of 85 years. He was a wonderful loving Husband, Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather who loved to tease and pull jokes on all who knew him.

­­He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Wanda Nell. However, his true legacy will show up through his sons, Mark Steel and his wife Kelly and their Children Justin, Austin, Evan, Leanne and her husband Andy and Michael, his son Scott and his wife Lori and their children Ashley and her husband Seadon and their son Keagan, and sons Kyle, Ryan and Bryce. He was preceded in death by his middle son, Johnathan Clark.

He is also survived by his sister Tanya Smith and her husband Tim and their son TJ, his Aunt Mildred and many Cousins. He is preceded in death by his mother Alice Retia Steel-Jacobson, two Uncles, James and Bill Steel, his Brother in Law, David Thornton and his loving Grandparents who adopted him and raised him, James and Tressa Steel.

His grandfather James G. Steel was the founder of Steel's Super Feeds and owned two feed mills in Eddyville and Albia, Iowa. Buddy worked at the Albia mill after graduating from high school until he was inducted into the army. He trained with the 101st Airborne, but he was transferred to the 16th Armored Engineer Battalion at Ft. Hood, Texas, where he was schooled as a field radio repairman. He again transferred as an educator at the N.C.O. school from where he was honorably discharged.

He started his civilian working career in sales, working in many different industries. Buddy and Wanda were owners of Buddy's Carpet Max and Wanda's Interiors since 1972, which is now known as My Flooring America. He retired in 2003 and enjoyed traveling and playing with all of his grandchildren.

He met the girl of his dreams while visiting Houston and went to the Church where she played the Piano. After a whirlwind courtship of about 6 months they were married and moved to Ft. Hood until he was discharged from the army.

Together they led the music as well as teaching Bible classes at the many churches they served in. He was vice chairman of the Deacons at Seabrook Baptist and also served at University Baptist. He was a longtime member at Sagemont Church and an active Deacon until he retired. ­­­­

In lieu of Flowers, if you would like to make a donation in Albert "Buddy" Steel's name please make it to the at There is no specific page set up, but you can click on the Tribute/Memorial donation tab to make the donation.

Published on from June 6 to June 19, 2016
Please consider a donation, as requested by the family.